TALB Special Election Fall 2023
A TALB Special Election will be held for the following positions
- Millikan Elementary Area Director Candidates:
- Karen A. Swenson – Millikan H.S.
- Heidee Stoica – McBride H.S. and Burcham E.S.
- CTA State Council Representative Candidates: Fill vacancy until June, 2025.
- John Ottina – Lakewood H.S.
- John Olgin – Nelson M.S.
A TALB Candidate may give a speech, limited to two (2) minutes at the October 24, 2023 Representative Council meeting.
A CTA State Council candidate may give a speech, limited to one (1) minute at the October 24, 2023 Representative Council Meeting.
Candidates for Executive Board Area Directors and CTA State Council Representatives must be elected by a majority of votes. If no candidate receives the majority of votes cast, a run-off will be held between the candidates who receive the most votes. Majority Vote – More than half of the votes cast by a person legally entitled to vote, excluding blank or illegal ballots. Information about run-off elections in the Special Election Guidelines – link to download is below.
Election Schedule Highlights — Download Complete Schedule
Candidacy forms sent to Reps and available online: September 26, 2023 Due to TALB on Friday, October 6th by 4:30 pm
- Speeches at TALB Rep Council Meeting: October 24, 2023
- Voting (electronic & written): October 25 to November 3, 2023. Ballots due at TALB by 4:30 pm on Friday, November 3, 2023
- Results to be announced on TALB website and in TALB electronic newsletter : Monday, November 6, 2023