TALB Precinct Walking for School Board Campaign 2020
Join us to support TALB-endorsed candidates: Erik Miller & Doug Otto
This is our last opportunity to support our endorsed candidates before the Super Tuesday Election on Tuesday, March 3. Join Us!
Precinct Walks for Erik Miller in Area 4
Feb 29 LAST SATURDAY — Join Us to Get Out The Vote
9:45 am Meet at TALB Office, 4362 Atlantic Avenue for Coffee, Doughnuts & Instructions
1:00 Pizza & Debrief
Precinct Walks for Doug Otto in Area 2
Feb 29 LAST SATURDAY — JOIN US TO SUPPORT OTTO in Area 2
9:45 NEW MEETING LOCATION: Meet at Hof’s Hut Restaurant, 2147 Bellflower Blvd., Long Beach
1:00 Pizza & Debrief
Wear comfortable shoes!
Please report volunteer sign-ups (including cell phone) to Chris Callopy at 562-426-6433 or calorie @talb.org
TALB Voting 2020
Announcement of TALB General Elections 2020
Upcoming TALB Elections will be held for important positions in TALB:
TALB Officers including Secretary and Treasurer.
Nominations are open to all TALB members for the term from June 15, 2020 to June 20, 2022.
TALB Executive Board Area Directors for:
– Cabrillo Elementary Director
– Jordan Secondary Director
– Lakewood Elementary Director
– Millikan Elementary Director
– Poly Secondary Director
– Wilson Secondary Director
– Minority-At-Large (Nominations for this position open to TALB members who are of a racial/ethnic minority in the category of American Indian/Alaska Native, Asia/Pacific Islander, African American or Hispanic.
Nominations are open to all TALB Members who work in each area for the term from June 15, 2020 to June 20, 2022.
3 CTA State Council Representatives. Nominations are open to all members for the term 2020-2023
18 Delegates to the 2020 NEA Representative Assembly to be held July 2-6, 2020 in Atlanta, GA. Nominations are open to all TALB Members
- Candidacy forms sent to Reps and available online: Jan. 28, 2020 Due to TALB on Friday, Feb. 7, 2020 by 4:30 pm
- Speeches at TALB Rep Council Meeting: Feb. 25, 2020
- Voting (electronic & written): Feb. 25 to Mar. 6, 2020. Ballots due at TALB by 4:30 pm on Friday, Mar. 6, 2020.
- Results to be announced on TALB website: Monday, Mar. 9, 2020
TALB Executive Board Meetings for 2019-20 School Year
Below are upcoming scheduled dates for TALB Executive Board
November 5, 2019
December 10, 2019
January 14, 2020
February 11, 2020
March 10, 2020
April 7, 2020
May 12, 2020
June 2, 2020
TALB CDC/Head Start Representative Council Meetings for 2019-20 School Year
Below are scheduled dates for TALB CDC/Head Start Rep Council Meeting dates
September 19, 2019
November 21, 2019
January 16, 2020
March 19, 2020
4th Annual TALB Chili Cook-Off 2020
All TALB members plus family and friends are welcome. We also invite TALB retirees, LBUSD school staff (secretaries, custodians, principals, etc.), CSULB, CFA, LBCC and CCA to join in the fun
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020
Time: 11am to 3pm
Location: LBPOA Park, 7390 E. Carson St @ LB Town Center behind Lowes
Who will win the chili contest this year?
Join the fun and games at our annual Chili Cook-off!
It’s a great Saturday event for family, friends and school staff.
- Sample Chili and Vote for the People’s Choice Award
- Enjoy Free Nachos & Hot Dogs & Drinks
- Games and Activities
- Giant Inflatable Jumper Obstacle Course
- Tattoo Spray Paint Artist
- The Beatles Live Karaoke Band and Jam
INVITE FAMILY, FRIENDS AND SCHOOL STAFF.
Please indicate how many guests will be attending with you.
TALB Representative Council Meetings for 2019-20 School Year
Below are scheduled dates for TALB Rep Council Meetings. All meetings are held at the TRC.
August 24, 2019
September 24, 2019
October 22, 2019
November 19, 2019
January 28, 2020
February 25, 2020
March 24, 2020
April 28, 2020
May 26, 2020
TALB members, you have an exclusive opportunity to enroll in the CTA-endorsed Voluntary Disability and Life insurance plans offered by Standard Insurance Company (The Standard).
Apply through March 31, 2020.
Protect Your Paycheck with CTA-endorsed Disability Insurance
Your income is likely your greatest asset. Protect it with CTA-endorsed Disability insurance.
- Disability insurance is paid directly to you if you’re unable to work due to an injury, illness (including mental health disorders and substance abuse), pregnancy and childbirth.
- If just 5% of eligible TALB members apply for Disability insurance by March 31, every eligible member who applies will receive coverage.
Protect Your Loved Ones with CTA-endorsed Life Insurance
Life insurance provides financial security for your loved ones. The benefits could help pay off debt, pay for your children’s education or provide financial support for them.
- Eligible members without Life insurance from The Standard can get $75,000 of Life insurance.
- If you already have Life insurance with The Standard, you can increase your existing coverage to the next closest level, up to a maximum of $200,000 of coverage, all without answering any health questions.
Attend Our Live Webinar
Attend a 30-minute live webinar presentation for TALB members on March 2 at 7:30 p.m.
To register, click here.
Learn More or Apply Now
More than 77,000* California Teachers Association members like you already enjoy the protection of CTA-endorsed Voluntary Disability and Life insurance. And right now, you have a unique opportunity to join them. Take advantage of this special enrollment opportunity by March 31.
Standard Insurance Company, 1100 SW Sixth Ave, Portland, OR 97204
* As of 4/1/19, based on internal data developed by Standard Insurance Company
For costs and further details of the coverage and this enrollment opportunity, including exclusions, benefit waiting periods, any reductions or limitations and the terms under which the policy may be continued in force, please contact Standard Insurance Company at 800.522.0406 (TTY).
GP 190-LTD/S399/CTA.1 GP 190-LIFE/S399/CTA.3