TALB Update: Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Tuesday – May 03, 2022
Good Morning. The TALB Executive Board approved the Tentative Agreement (TA) last night. Click on the following links for full details:
- Co-Collaborative Teaching MOU
- Transitional Kindergarten MOU
- Kindergarten MOU
- CDC | HS – Compensation & Contract Language
- K-12 Compensation & Contract Language
- General Membership Meeting Tuesday, May 10 from 4:30-5:30 @ Longfellow E.S. Auditorium
- Membership Vote – Wednesday, May 11 – Friday, May 13 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Voting results will be released with the E-Update on Friday, May 13 (updated).
Can’t make the seminar?
There are many things to consider when retiring. Your first step is CalSTRS. Go to calstrs.com and create an account. The website has different tools to give a ball park estimate on your pension benefits. For more accurate data you need to make a “one on one” with a CalSTRS counselor.
Individual Benefits Planning Session
Explore your CalSTRS benefits and services with the help of a CalSTRS benefits specialist in a confidential, one-on-one setting.
- Your personalized CalSTRS benefit estimates.
- Beneficiary options and how to leave a lifetime benefit to your loved ones.
- How to purchase service credit and what happens to your unused sick leave.
- Concurrent retirement—retiring from more than one California public retirement system.
- Considerations pertaining to health benefits, Medicare and Social Security.
For available session dates and times, simply call 800-228-5453 and select option 3.
When should I let the District know I’m going to retire?
Ideally, as soon as possible. We know that making the decision to retire can be hard and very personal. Some folks want to retire and go quietly in the night, with little or no fanfare. Others want to shout their retirement from their rooftops and dance! You can submit your retirement paperwork electronically to the District and not have it be publicly disclosed until after school is out for the summer. This helps the District plan for your replacement, but more importantly, it may help one of your colleagues avoid the unnecessary anxiety and stress of potentially being displaced/transferred from your school site.
- A Virtual Site Visit invitation will be sent to individual members. Check your personal email for Zoom invitations.
- Stephen M.S. Virtual Site Visit 5/2 | 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Lindbergh M.S. Virtual Site Visit 5/3 | 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Lafayette E.S. Virtual Site Visit 5/4 | 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Birney E.S. Virtual Site Visit 5/5 | 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Psychologists Forum 5/5 | 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Friday, May 27 @ 4:00 p.m.
3671 Industry Ave unit C1, Lakewood, CA 90712
RSVP with John Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next BOE Meeting is Wednesday, May 4. School board meetings are typically livestreamed on the LBUSD YouTube Channel.
2022 Upcoming Scheduled Meetings:
- May 4
- May 18
- June 1
- June 22
Membership Appreciation – Tacos with TALB – May 13 3:00-6:00pm
Update your Beneficiaries
The cycle of life. Every year we have a few members pass. Your TALB/CTA/NEA membership provides a survivor’s benefit up to $6,000.00. Sadly, every now and again, we have a member pass who did not update their beneficiaries. We can only issue the benefit to the individual(s) listed on your survivor’s benefit form. Life comes at you fast. Relationships change. If you have any questions about your survivor’s benefit please call the office at 562-426-6433.
CTA Conferences & Grants
For full details and to apply for a grant, go to www.CTA.org/grants.