Are you passionate about education, teachers, and non-profits? TALB is currently seeking a poised individual with strong phone/administrative and customer service skills to join our team at TALB HQ.
Position Available: Clerical Assistant / Receptionist
The Teachers Association of Long Beach (TALB) is currently seeking a poised individual with strong phone/administrative and customer service skills. If you are a proactive, professional, and diplomatic individual who is passionate about education, teachers, and non-profits, then please apply.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of administrative and operational support, demonstrated expertise with MS Excel, Word, email and the Internet. This position requires excellent organizational time management, prioritization of work, proofreading, attention to detail, interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to use tact and professionalism. This position requires regular data entry and retrieval of information from a database using our Microsoft CRM software. Being a self-directed individual who can be a team player and takes initiative with a “Can Do” attitude is a must. Other assignments may include but is not limited to directly reporting to the Executive Director and providing administrative assistance to include copying, faxing, processing applications and filing, and/or other assigned duties.
This position is part of a bargaining unit exclusively represented by the California Staff Organization.
- 4 years related experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Superior overall business sense with interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Professional phone manner and friendly front desk reception.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Positive attitude.
- Preferably 4+ years of experience in administrative support.
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Word & Excel skills.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Professional working manner with a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
- Starting salary: $4,611.58 per month.
- Fringe benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, & Vacation
Resume and Letters of Recommendation
Submit Resume and (3) Letters of Recommendation via USPS by July 26, 2019 to:
Chris Callopy, Executive Director
Teachers Association of Long Beach
4362 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807
PHONE: (562) 426-6433 – FAX: (562) 424-9352
***Those individuals selected for an interview will be notified by July 31st. Interviews will be held the week of August 5th with a job start date of August 12th, 2019. ***
TALB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.