TALB Member Benefits
As a TALB member, you are also a member of California Teachers Association (CTA) and National Education Association (NEA). That means you have several automatic member benefits!
Exclusive Representation for Teachers, Nurses & Librarians
- Contract Enforcement & Maintenance
- Negotiate Salaries & Health Benefits
- Working Conditions
- Conditions of Employment
Educators Employment Liability Insurance (EEL)
Coverage A – Educators Liability
- $1,000,000.00 per member per occurrence not to include any civil rights issue or civil right claims.
- $300,000.00 per member per occurrence for civil rights issues or civil right claims and not include any other claims.
- $3,000,000.00 per occurrence aggregate for all claims, including civil rights and civil rights claims.
Coverage B – Legal Defense Cost Limits
- $3,000,000.00 per member per occurrence not to include any civil rights issues or civil rights claims.
- $9,000,000.00 per occurrence aggregate for all claims, not to include any civil right issues or civil rights claims.
Coverage C – Bail Bond
- $1,000.00 per bond
Coverage D – Assault-Related Personal Property Damage
- $500.00 per assault.
To download an EEL Certificate of Insurance or claim for insurance, sign in at www.cta.org, to Member Services, then click on Legal Services.
Death & Dismemberment Benefits
- A Death Benefit of up to $2,000.00.
- An Accidental Death and Accidental Dismemberment Benefit of up to $10,000.00.
- A $50,000.00 Benefit if the member dies or suffers a dismemberment due to an accident or assault while engaged in any activity which was in the expressed or implied terms of his or her occupation, or while acting in the capacity of an Association Leader.
- $150,000.00 life insurance for unlawful homicide while at work.
- TALB Member and Dependent Scholarships through the TALB Scholarship Foundation.
- CTA Member and Dependent Scholarships.
- Click here for more information about TALB Scholarships.